Monday, January 25, 2010

Try a New Perspective

Have you ever gotten off track in the pursuit of your healthy lifestyle goals? Maybe you ate too much, or didn't exercise, or weren't consistent in taking your medications....and you think to yourself - "well, I messed that up, so why keep trying, why not just keep eating (or not exercising or not be consistent with my medication)". This kind of thinking can turn into an unhealthy vicious cycle, very quickly.



Here is a "new perspective" I would like you to try.



Every moment of the day we make choices. Every moment we get a chance to move toward our goals. Sometimes we don't make a good decision, but that is not the end of your chance to make your goal. You have the next moment to make a new choice, a better choice! You have the power to define each moment. You have the power to make the next moment a positive one on your journey to good health.



Think of each new moment as an opportunity to take one step closer to your goals and good health!!

3 comments:

  1. So true. I have had this happen to me many times. It's like falling down and just deciding to stay there since you weren't able to keep standing. Dumping your regimen because you messed up makes about as much sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally enjoying the Support Group meetings. More of you should take advantage of these meetings. I hate missing my workout but then I told myself I can work out after work instead. The last meeting really brought us all lots of good and easy breakfast ideas. I have tried the Oroweat Thins and LOVE them. I still haven't bought the Erin's Baker cookies but hope to this week. A wealth of information can be shared at these meeting so please try and attend. I know I am glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good health is probably one of the things we most take advantage of...until we no longer have it! I can't begin to tell you how many times I have fallen off the wagon, but I always pull myself back up. The one thing that I found to help me be most successful once upon a time was to always pack my meals for the day when I went to work. As I packed my meals, I entered into my food diary the foods I had packed, so there was no question about what I would eat throughout the day. If I ate something outside of what I wrote down, I made sure to write it down. Also, I made sure I had food to graze on throughout the day. Since this strategy worked once for me, I am again employing this same strategy and brown-bagging my meals and making sure to track my intake as well as track my activity. I have also learned to forgive myself each time I have made poor choices and get right back to the good ones. Thanks for sharing these ideas. I appreciate the new perspective!

    ReplyDelete